27 November 2011

old memories

Many many years ago I was living in a small greek town called Edessa.  I was for years member of the local Artists' Union and for some time its secretary before life takes me from there on new adventures.
Today, searching among sketching blocks, I found some sketches from that period and I got touched by old memories.
The one below pictures a small street through a beautiful area of old houses in Edessa called Varosi.  It's a preservable area of the town from the time that Turks had occupied the place.  As far as I know, it remained the same and I hope it will always be this beautiful, saved by today's modernness.  I draw it at 1990 and the block is yellowish now after so many years.  I tried to fix this but I don't know if I managed it.  Below I have both versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment