01 June 2011

The good dirt

I must admit I am not a great housekeeper. Not that I like my home dirty or in chaos. But, let's say, cleaning is not the first priority in my life. Maybe neither the second one. I do what I have to do to continue living in an environment that can sustain life. And keep my valuable time for things that I really like and enjoy.
My mother was never happy with this. She is the kind of woman that has learned to run after every dust particle and sterilize it with a maddish smile and glance. "Muahaha, where have you been you naughty spot? I have been searching for you in all the house!" But that's usually mothers. Maybe living in such a cleaning lunacy made me a bit careless about sterilizing things or lives. Or maybe it's my natural as a crazy gemini I proudly am.
But being too clean has it's negative side also. Like the dark side of the moon. You see the shining silver moon and you are astonished by her beauty, but then, there is also this dark side, the one that is necessary to keep the balance.
In the case of extreme cleanliness, which is what a whole world of ads, which is their job by the way, and scientists suggest and even brainwash with all kinds of miraculous products that will kill and completely destroy any sign of germs, bugs and viruses, the darkness lies in the inaction of our immune system, in the laziness and the easy way of life of a system that exists to protect us and meets stagnation cause it doesn't have an enemy, it loses its purpose and stumbles inside our bodies searching for what, for a way to prove its value. What a system like this can do in this case beyond of becoming a drunkard or taking drugs or something similar? You have a great fighter, a champion, and you put it in disuse. Do you think it's happy? Mmm, I don't think so.
And, voila, yes, I was waiting for this, hehe. At last, other scientists found some time now that dirt is not that bad, it's not the enemy of the world, and a reasonable percentage of dirtiness is needed, it is even precious to provide stimulation and training to the immune system so to ensure future health.
Especially to children who are starting their voyage on this plane, it is important their body to be within call. When too much protection makes it incapable to react, the body becomes unable to protect itself. Then, the next wave of ingenious products come. The ones that fight allergies and asthma and other similar stuff. Which means beyond any doubt that we have become fenceless and unprotected and open to attacks.
I am not a dirt lover, I just try to think logically in a maze of too many completely useless products and services that want us to be dependent and helpless instead of having some common sense and some trust to our own body, to the natural power inside us that needs some stimulation to build an invulnerable, or at least strong enough, system.
It's not that we will never come down again. But this is a natural stuff and a training for us. Maybe the real answer is to find the golden section, a more natural way to live between the opposites. And laugh more. Because, more than any other, laughter is the strongest shield we can ever have before any illness inside and outside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment